2022 May 25 Cargo Securement & Level One Inspections
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM) (EDT)
Led by former SCSTP Officer and SEFA Transportation Manager of Transportation Safety, Billy Bronson.
Level 1 Inspections 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Start the day off with the Level 1 Inspection Workshop. This portion will help operators of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) learn how to train drivers, mechanics, and management on how to achieve violation-free vehicle roadside inspections.
You will learn:
• the different levels of truck inspections
• the inspecting officer’s critical item checklist
• the North American Standard out-of-service criteria
• the impact that your roadside inspections have on your CSA scores
• the practical, hands-on vehicle walk around inspection procedure
We’ll cover Hours of Service and log book issues, too!
Lunch 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Cargo Securement 12:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Take part in the Cargo Securement Workshop. Will all that visability, indiscretions are an open book! It is imperative to load shipments by the book, not only to keep your CSA scores in check but also to ensure safety and maintain professional transportation of your customers’ goods.
Let us help you by:
• reviewing the Cargo Securement Standard Model Regulations
• hands-on demonstrations on the proper use of tiedowns
• cargo placement, working load limits, and performance criteria
• commodity-specific securement requirements
• discussing the impact of CSA on cargo securement
Both workshops are important for drivers, mechanics, and management!
480 Hodge Road
Summerville, SC 29483 United States