Diesel Technician III
Knight's Companies is seeking experienced Diesel Technician III for our Columbia (Irmo) shop to performing maintenance and repairs on diesel and non-diesel vehicles and heavy equipment to sound, safe, and reliable performance of the vehicle and/or equipment, as well as provide guidance and assistance to level I and level II Diesel Technicians. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, brakes and tires. Experience in CAT, Cummins and Detroit Diesel engines a plus. Valid driver's license is required.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with federal, state, local, and company environmental policies and procedures at all times.
- Change and repair tires per manufacturer specifications.
- Perform oil and filter services on automobiles, concrete trucks, tractor trailers, front end loaders, and various types of equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level electrical issues of equipment lights, switches, etc. on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level mechanical issues on affected trucks and equipment.
- Test power and hydraulic systems to ensure operation per manufacturer specifications.
- Complete required lubrication and greasing of all wear items on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair wheel bearings, hub assemblies, and seals on steer and drive axles.
- Remove and repair universal and slip joints, and support bearings on drive shafts.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems and pressurized water systems.
- Perform major diagnosis and repair of gas and diesel engines.
- Complete engine reconditioning service.
- Diagnose and repair fuel injection, transmission, and regeneration systems using laptop and scan tool diagnostic tools.
- Remove, disassemble, diagnose, and repair differentials.
- Remove and repair automatic and manual transmissions.
- Diagnose and repair major electrical systems (12 and 24 volt).
- Perform service calls to diagnose and repair off-site trucks and equipment using company service vehicle.
- Return affected vehicles or equipment to service as efficiently as possible, while ensuring accurate repairs have been made.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the company service vehicle.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment is returned to the proper location in the company service vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school preferred OR
- Minimum of 5 years' experience performing maintenance or mechanical ability.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiarity with the process.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
- Annual Boot Reimbursement
Drug free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply today at www.knightscompanies.com