Diesel Technician II
Knight's Companies is seeking an experienced Diesel Technician II for our Summerville maintenance shop to perform repairs and periodic maintenance on our fleet and equipment. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of hydraulics, brakes and tires. Experience in CAT, Cummins and Detroit Diesel engines a plus. Valid driver's license required; CDL preferred.
- Change and repair tires per manufacturer specifications.
- Perform oil and filter services on automobiles, concrete trucks, tractor trailers, front end loaders, and various types of equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level electrical issues of equipment lights, switches, etc. on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair minor to mid-level mechanical issues on affected trucks and equipment.
- Test power and hydraulic systems to ensure operation per manufacturer specifications.
- Complete required lubrication and greasing of all wear items on affected trucks and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair wheel bearings, hub assemblies, and seals on steer and drive axles.
- Remove and repair universal and slip joints, and support bearings on drive shafts.
- Diagnose and repair air and hydraulic brake systems and pressurized water systems.
- Assist Diesel Technicians III with more advanced repairs.
- Use pressure washer to maintain cleanliness of the equipment.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow repair order directions.
- Complete write up and provide accurate description or repairs made and parts utilized in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Shop Foreman to maintain positive work flow throughout the Shop.
- Provide guidance and assistance to level I Diesel Technicians when needed.
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school preferred OR
- Minimum of 4 years' experience performing maintenance or mechanical ability.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiarity with the process.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. from floor to waist height.
- Ability to carry minimum of 50 lbs. over a 5-foot span.
- Ability to push / pull a minimum of 50 lbs. across a 10-foot span.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. from waist to shoulder.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend or twist body without restriction.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to work in extreme weather, including but not limited to high heat, low temperature, and high sun environments.
Drug free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply today at www.knightscompanies.com