DOT Compliance & Training Administrator
The DOT Compliance and Training Administrator is responsible for assisting the Training Development and DOT Compliance Manager in ensuring the company and its drivers meet regulatory and company compliance in the areas of driver hiring, driver qualifications, and maintenance of DOT & OSHA-required compliance records. This position will ensure that all day-to-day administrative functions and compliance are performed accurately and confidentially.
- Collect, evaluate, monitor, and analyze compliance documents resolving any non-compliance issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares/creates files for all new hires classified as commercial drivers (CDL and Non-CDL) prior to and at start date.
- Physical and electronic Driver Qualification (DQ) file.
- Medical and Training files.
- Creates new profile into drive cam software.
- Performs Driver History Verification tasks per company policy and DOT regulations.
- Send and receive electronic and paper training documents to trainers, trainees, supervisors etc. as training progresses and is completed.
- Communicate with Trainers weekly, or at appropriate frequency on the progress on ongoing training and report findings to the manager.
- Tracks renewals and re-training schedules for each commercial driver and supervisor through software or other means as appropriate.
- Assists with the ordering documents for the Annual Review of Driver Records and files documents after reviewed by manager/supervisor.
- Assists with scheduling and organizing tests required by the company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy for current employees. Upload and store results, etc.
- Cross-trains to provide support in other compliance functional areas within the Human Resources and Training departments.
- Manages file systems and documentation for active and terminated employees per company, OSHA, and DOT retention requirements.
- Assists in preparation and planning for training events.
- Assists in tracking vehicle collisions & vehicle inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity, observing all Federal, State, and Local regulations relating to personal, medical, and accident information.
- Minimum of a high school diploma with 3 years of clerical experience. Experience in a similar role within the transportation or logistics industry is highly preferred.
- Prior administrative experience in transportation, logistics, or other-related industry preferred but not required.
- Questioning, “can do,” cheerful, flexible attitude to the work environment desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and work across divisions and departments.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Ability to accomplish work and prioritize workload with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position.
- Ability to safely lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods, stand, walk, type, carry, kneel, ascend and descend stairs, and bend.
- Ability to work primarily indoors with occasional work outdoors in multiple types of weather / environmental conditions.